cerebral malaria

cerebral malaria

di lucia mele -
Numero di risposte: 0

I made my research on PubMed. 

I decoded to put the following elements in my research:

(young OR female) child with celebral malaria AND (ELQ300 OR  generic anti-malarial) AND (survival or longer life)

The result was the following article 

PPARγ agonists improve survival and neurocognitive outcomes in experimental cerebral malaria and induce neuroprotective pathways in human malaria

Since I was not satisfied by the research, I changed some words and I put the following terms in PubMed: in particular, I changed some words in the Population part and I increased the number of variables in the outcome. My research gave me 5 results.

(little OR female) child with celebral malaria AND (ELQ300 OR generic anti-malarial) AND (survival or longer life or impairments or complications)

Circulatory hepcidin is associated with the anti-inflammatory response but not with iron or anemic status in childhood malaria

Impaired cell-mediated immunity in Plasmodium falciparum-infected patients with high-parasitemia and cerebral malaria

For what concerns the other two articles, after having read the abstracts, I realized they were not useful for my case.