- Teacher: Francesca Grassi
General learning aims:
- Structural organization and functions of the human body and their main anatomical and clinical applications at macroscopic, microscopic and ultrastructural level.
- Skills: to identify macroscopic anatomical samples and to recognize the structure of the organs by light microscopy.
Human Anatomy (III)
- Neuroanatomy: Overview of the Central Nervous System. Spinal cord. Brain stem. Cerebellum. Diencephalon. Basal ganglia. Cerebral hemisphere. Ventricular system, subarachnoid spaces and meninges. Motor pathways. Pathways of the general and the specific sensibility.
- Peripheral nervous system: Generalities. Spinal nerves. Plexuses. Cranial nerves. Organization of the Autonomic Nervous System.
- Visual apparatus: Orbit and accessory visual apparatus. Eyeball. Visual Pathway.
- Auditory apparatus: External and middle ear. Internal ear. Pathway of sound reception.
- Endocrine system: Generalities. Hypothalamus and its nuclei. Pituitary gland. Pineal gland. Thyroid and parathyroid glands. Adrenal gland. Endocrine Pancreas. Interstitial glands of testis and ovary.
GRAY’S ANATOMY (fortieth edition) Churchill Livingstone.
Atlas of Human Anatomy – FH Netter - Saunders Elsevier.
GRAY’S CLINICAL NEUROANATOMY – Mancall and Brock – Elsevier
Main teaching objectives:
At the end of the course, students must know the function of the organs in the human body; the dynamical integration of the various organs into systems; the general mechanisms of functional control under normal conditions; the normal values of the main functional parameters in healthy humans; the medical application of biophysical and biotechnological principles. They must also know some of the techniques used to measure physiological parameters.Requirements: For a good understanding of the topics considered in this course, students should have adequately studied the subjects of the following exams: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Histology, Anatomy.
§ WF Boron, EL Boulpaep: Medical Physiology. Elsevier 2017. ISBN: 978-0323427968
§ BM Koeppen, BA Stanton: Berne & Levy Physiology. Mosby Elsevier 2010. ISBN: 978-0-323-07362-2
§ JH Hall: Guyton and Hall Medical Physiology. Saunders Elsevier. ISBN: 978-1-4160-44574-8
§ DU Silverthorn: Human Physiology. 6th edition. Benjamin Cummings. ISBN: 978-0321750006
Obiettivi del modulo: Lo studente dovrà acquisire una buona conoscenza e comprensione della struttura, del metabolismo, della replicazione e dei principali meccanismi di patogenicità di batteri e funghi di interesse medico. Particolare attenzione sarà dedicata alla comprensione delle relazioni intercorrenti tra microrganismo-ospite ed alla attivazione della risposta immunitaria.
Learning outcomes: The student should achieve a good knowledge and comprehension of the structure, metabolism, replication and the main mechanisms of pathogenicity of bacteria and fungi of medical interest. Particular attention will be dedicated on the comprehension of the relationships occurring between microorganism-host and on the activation of the host immune response.