Forum per uso generale

Forum Descrizione Discussioni
Forum News
Annunci e news di carattere generale
Pre-reading: what is EBM?
Each short exercises in this course present you with a problem. The solution to this problem will require you to search and analyze clinical evidence and come to a decision. EBM or 'evidence based medicine is the basis of this approach.. The reason you need to use English in medicine is ...

Forum per apprendimento

Argomento Forum Descrizione Discussioni
1. Clean Hands at the Policlinico Can you say 'mani pulite' at the Policlinico?

Instructions

This is an open bilingual forum for students to share your experiences.  You can post in English or Italian. You don't have to participate if you don't want to. The questions are to get started:

How easy is it to wash your hands at Umberto I? 

How easy is it for the public? What about ...

2. Problems of Obesity: distinguishing between 'information' and 'evidence' 1.1-1.2 Video & Forum. "Obesity is a medical problem". Comment

Watch the  video where a patient describes her problem with obesity. After, read the comments in the chat below the video. Finally, write your own comment in our group forum: is obesity a 'medical' problem or a 'behavioral' issue? Click here: 

Giovanni's chat with the GP- results of your web searches

Instructions

I want you to imagine you are patient searching for info on the web. You are probably pretty good already! Try to look, however, for the potential traps patients might fall into using the internet. Might these cause problems to doctors? Use the forum to share your thoughts! 

D...

3. Medline: how to find evidence efficiently using PubMed Forum: share your Medline skills
 It's easy to find information on the internet. Anybody can access medical information online. And your patients do. You need to develop an excellent understanding of how to use the medical systems. I hope the practice exercises and videos in this module will help you. Use this forum to exchange ...