A near death experience

A near death experience

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

I don't know whether the story I am going to tell can be considered a near death experience, but it is fortunately the only dangerous situation I have faced in my life so far. 

I was a child and my parents and I were going on holidays in Calabria for about ten days. Some friends had invited us to stay at their house in Cirella di Diamante, a beautiful town on the coast of Calabria. I remember being really excited, because I would play on the beach with one of my best friend, the son of this couple of my parents' friends, almost all the day. 

However, something got wrong during the journey, and had not been for my father's reflexes, I would probably spent the holidays in a hospital. We were driving along the Salerno-Reggio Calabria, listening to the radio, when suddenly I saw a stroller falling down from the luggage rack of the car that was before us. Fortunately, my father promptly realized what was happening and changed lane, otherwise the stroller would have broken the windshield, my father would have skidded and we would have found ourselves in an accident on the highway. Certainly something unpleasant. We stopped to help the owners of the stroller and we phoned the police in order to avoid any kind of bad situation. Then, we continued our journey, safe and sound, and we arrived in Cirella one hour late. 

I consider myself lucky: even if a stroller could not be seen as a threat, in that situation it was like that. I still thank my father for making me spend a beautiful holiday with my friend on the seaside.