Chasing a career

Chasing a career

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 4

In your opinion, what is the best or easiest way to start or build a career?

I would like this activity to be more of a discussion so check this post often to see what the other are writing and try to comment.

In reply to Deleted user

Re: Chasing a career

by Deleted user -
In my opinion, the best way to start a career is to train ourselves to make sacrifice and to be humble. 

Career is something we must patiently build little by little, so we must shape our personality to be patient, not to demand instant results and to think positive and faraway in the future: our sacrifice will be rewarded in the future. 

Moreover, an essential ingredient to build a career is humility. If we are arrogant, we will make ourselves unpleasant to the others and nobody will support ourselves and our ideas. The help of the other people is fundamental to start a career, instead.

Obviously, another important element to start a career is the specific competence necessary for the job in question. We mustn't be ignorant. Solid and detailed knowledge in a specific field is binding and it represents a protection from any kind of difficulties that we may bump into during our professional life. 

In reply to Deleted user

by giovanni ardito -

I totally agree with Federica!

Moreover I think that an essential element to start a career is being convinced of what you want to do.

I mean that you should have a strict idea of what you want to be and do in your life since first days of university or school . Having a target to reach will help you in doing your best. If you study hard and what you really like, for sure you' ll be saccessful.

I completely disagree with people who choose a certain kind of career only because they expect to become reach and famous. I think that everyone should do what he or she is keen on, without reflecting too much on money and fame. This is the easiest starting point to build a brilliant career.

Finally, I'd suggest to attend all the education's grades, including masters and traineeships. They will be a great helping hand for the starting of a career. For sure, your employer will be fascinated by all the experiences you collect in your CV.

In reply to giovanni ardito

by stefano agresti -

I agree with what Federica and Giovanni said. It is very important to be humble and to be convinced of what we want to do. To have great motivations related to what we are doing is also necessary to give continuity to our efforts and to start simoultaneously experiences that can enrich our personal profile and expertise.

A career is carachterized by difficulties and obstacles, so it requests passion, curiosity, dedication and a deep conscience of the path that had been chosen. It is fundamental to do not wait the occasions, but to look for them or prepare the ground for them.

Furthermore, I believe that it is very important to create a net of relationships. Individual skills and capabilities constitutes an important source in order to determine our future, but we need to insert ourselves in a context that can stimulate us and can be offer us important possibilities.

In reply to stefano agresti

by sara duva -

I agree with all the aspects outlined, in particular with the idea of preparing the ground for job's opportunities. As Galileo Galilei said, "before study the science, then follow the practice", and I think it has a valuable meaning. If on the one hand it is desiderable to take the opportunity whenever it cames, on the other hand it is necessary to study hard and patiently and try to benefit from the age of studying to be more competent in the next future. It is desiderable to "store" knowledge, but also experience of living, communication and application of the theorical study in order to be aware of what to do and how to behave in a future work situation.  

As far as I'm concerned, I strongly believe that the value of work is what there is behind, the value that we give to it. The fundamental requirement of a job should be having a noble goal, such as helping people, doing useful research destined to present and future generation, simply giving a contribute to the world,in the most different ways. Instead the requirement of the person is always to be herself, humble and honest. Sometimes what people lack is the hope, the sensation of feeling their job as their own, as something always new that reflects them. In conclusion, at our times chasing a career is not something easy but not impossible.