Week 9 tasks

Re: Week 9 tasks

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Many people believe that graffiti is a mere act of vandalism, while I think it is  an unconventional and absolutely expressive form of art. 

I have always been fascinated by graffiti because of its colours and shades, but especially for the illusory simplicity that people think is necessary to create it. At a glance, graffiti might appear just drawings which shares something with cartoons or imitates them. Actually, making graffiti is extremely difficult and it needs technique, practice and, above all, talent.

Obviously, when I think of graffiti I don't mean those senseless signs wrote on the walls or on the outside of trains  by stupid people to mark the territory as if they were animals, or those writings which want to be romantic and turn to be pathetic. By saying graffiti I mean those elaborate drawings made to give splendour back to crumbling buildings or to convey concerned messages or to remember somebody who died. 

In my opinion, the former should be severely punished because it just ruins towns and anything else, while the latter must be not only allowed, but also encouraged like any other form of art, since it is an expression of creativity and it gives vitality to surroundings.