What aspect of the Italian educational system would you change?

What aspect of the Italian educational system would you change?

by emanuele rando -
Number of replies: 0

First of all, I think italian educational system is efficient for the subjects it deals. In fact, I believe that every student have to study all subject, both humanistic and scientific subjects. It's great to study history, literature, maths, geography in all courses and in all schools. Studying theory is very important, because if you know theory well than you're able to improve the practice faster than a person that doesn't know so well the argument. So i agree with the program of a lot of subject we study. 

Also, I disagree with some aspect of italian program. For example, I think that maths must be improved, in particular in elementary schools. In Italy maths is too tricky for student than other country, particularly in Europe. In the world we live scientific subjects are becoming prevailing, so it's too important to improve maths and scientific knowledge in students. 

Moreover, students need to continue study: literature, particularly italian literature; also history and geography. In my opinion something that must be improved in italian system is teaching of civil education. A lot of student arrive to be eighteen without knowing how the electoral system works and other things. 

In conclusion, I disagree with the exam at the end of the middle school and at the end of high school. I think that we have to valute the training course in school, not the performance of a single exam, maybe using the marks during school course.