Did you go anywhere for the holidays? If you didn't, do you wish you had gone somewhere different?

Did you go anywhere for the holidays? If you didn't, do you wish you had gone somewhere different?

by alessandra mattoscio -
Number of replies: 0

Well, I didn't go nowhere for the holidays. I stayed at home with my family and I sincerely don't wish I had gone somewhere different, because I love spending Christmas' holidays at Rome. According to the tradition we celebrate the Christmas'Eve eating only dishes of fish and a bit of fried, that is the speciality of my uncle. Then also on the Christmas' day and Saint Stephen's day we stay at my aunt's house. During these days we spend our time chatting, playing cards and eating. It's nice for a few days to forget the frenzy of daily routine and to pass a bit of time with the family, all reunited in one house. Someone could think that this is a bore, but in my opinion it isn't so. I believe that every year there is something new, from a smile to a more wrinkles on the faces of grandparents. Besides I like staying at Rome in this period, because I love walking in the all lit up city, seeing my favourite monuments and going shopping. Therefore during Christmas' holidays I prefer to stay at Rome and not to travel, in order to dedicate a bit of more time to my family and my loved city.