Weekly discussion 14

Weekly discussion 14

by lorenzo lastilla -
Number of replies: 0

In my opinion, it is impossible to eliminate all mosquitoes from the world, because they are spread everywhere and it would be too expensive to reach all of them in every habitat they live in; in addition to this, probably it would have a huge impact on the ecosystems, not only for the systems used, but also because they can be a source of food for other species ( I think, for example, to lizards and frogs living in swamps). We don’t have to forget that destroying a certain element belonging to a given place would introduce several mutation to that place itself.

It is obvious that they are very annoying and potentially dangerous when they are in touch with humans, so I think that we should think a solution to strongly limit their presence just nearby the cities; we may think to develop more effective products to eliminate them, or maybe we could try to solve the problem through a different strategy, i.e. using strong protections against them. Another solution could be to strike them in the places where they live and they reproduce.

In conclusion, anyway, this problem seems to me too huge to solve completely, and we’re destined to suffer of mosquitoes’ stings for a long time from now.