Don't sell your soul and mind!

Don't sell your soul and mind!

by giovanni ardito -
Number of replies: 0

The choice between mind, body and soul is a never ending discussion that involves different cultures, historical periods and characters. It is very difficult to agree with only one of these options, as everyone has  very different opinions and ideas.

In the ancient world people believed in the balance between mind and body, claiming that an healthy body is fundamental for a hard working mind. Phisical activities, for instance, were very important in Greek and Roman cultures, as famous buildings like gymnasium and thermae suggest.
On the other side, millenary cultures that still exist, like the Buddisth on Tibetan ones, believe that there is no necessity to take care of body, as mind and soul can control it.
In fact, a great ability to govern feelings and emotions has an important influence on body. 

Personally, I really agree with the last idea, as it has been shown that the age of a body does not influence human mind. There are very old people, aged 100 or more, who continue reading newspapers, being informed of what happens around them and living alone in their homes.
I can testify it with my two great grandmothers who died at 103. They always said that all you need is your brain, your soul and the will to feel young and still capable of everything.

Moreover, the dispute between soul and body has become famous thanks to literary production. Who does not know the story of Dorian Gray and his attempt to be forever young, selling his soul to Devil? All these stories want to underline  that  people should really preserve  their soul. A perfect body without a very beautiful soul is useless. While your body will not last forever, your soul, that is the result of your behaviour and believings, is always by your side.

Finally, in my opinion, nothing is better that a brilliant mind : keep it young and trained and you won't need anything else. If you do not like your body, do not make it a big trouble.