The supremacy of mind

The supremacy of mind

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Mind, body and soul are obviously the essential parts which every individual consists of. We cannot consider a person living out one of these elements, since each of them is strictly dependent on the other two. 

However, in my opinion, interdependence doesn't mean equality. Many ancient philosophers and intellectuals in general had been wondering for years which of these three components could be consider the most important one. Well, I think that mind is the most fundamental part of an individual, because is the centre of our activity and our life. All the experience depends on our mind/brain. All you can do in your everyday life is connected with mind: you can remember all the things that happen to you through memory, that is a faculty of mind; you can speak different languages because of the mind and all you can learn inhabits it. Even our feelings are originated by our mind, like fear. Mind defines our personality since our memories, our knowledge and our actions are linked to it.

Moreover, mind allows us to move our body, to take care of it, to build a certain image of it. Body is beyond doubt important, but is secondary to mind. Your body may be not as perfect as you want, but this cannot undermine your potentially brilliant mind. I believe that it’s important to look after our body just to be healthy.

Nevertheless, someone might object to this opinion, saying that what really matters in an individual is soul. I would reply that all depends on what you consider as soul. I believe that soul is a sort of product ( a concept) of the most spiritual part of our mind, made up of feelings, beliefs, ideals, something which makes us aim to spirituality and ask ourselves about the meaning of life.

For all these reasons, I think that mind is more essential than the other two parts, which are in any case fundamental. We mainly should take care of our mind, we must feed it and train it, in order to keep it young and brilliant.