Learning other languages makes the difference between our parents and us

Learning other languages makes the difference between our parents and us

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

The globalized and wild world in which we live offers to new generations opportunities that in the past people could only dream of.

This gap is probably due to the worse conditions in which our parents lived, that were completely different from the society that they built for us. Nevertheless, I think that the biggest problem our parents and previous generations have to face is the new way of thinking, the new mentality that nowadays we feel. Unfortunately, they are not able to completely appreciate the opportunities and the changes that we can afford thanks to this new society. There is a sense of refusing what is different from our traditions and costums that affects the adult world, but in particular old people.

This wrong convinction is probably the mirror of the lack of cultural knowledge that they have, because they consider this change as something that it is not so necessary. They don't think that, actually, refusing changes means refusing life.
While I understand this viewpoint because of the strong connection with our great past, in my opinion it can not be entirely shared. We have to believe in the power of this new world, that focuses his attenction upon young people and gives them the chance to be whatever they want to.
Learning English or any other language can open your mind and the doors of the world too.

Periods of work abroad, travels, Erasmus projects in the years of university, any kind of opportunity that your country can offer to you... everything is a way to improve your fluency and pick up a foreign language. 

Indeed, I think we are extremely lucky by this point of view because of the evolution and the improvements that our society has given us. Instead, the possibilities granted to our parents were absolutely limited. They did not study english at school, they could not watch films and listen to music in other languages as naturally as this is for us. But, in particular, I think that the birth of the world wild web opened a new reality in which everything is easier: this makes us feel as citizens of the world. This tiny thing makes the biggest difference.