Detectors and Accelerators in Particle Physics 2019-2020
Through classroom lectures, dedicated seminars held by experts, the Detectors and Accelerators in Particle Physics course proposes:
- to deepen the knowledge of the interactions of elementary particles with matter;
- to analyze the functioning of the various detectors used for the detection of elementary particles in nuclear and subnuclear physics;
- to examine some current experiments of greater interest;
- to provide an introduction to the physics of particle accelerators by also presenting future projects.
At the end of the course the students will be able to understand the motivations and the functioning of the various parts of an experiment in high energy physics or instrumentation for the control of the beams in medical physics laboratories. This will include the ability to size and select detectors suitable for the purposes of the experiments to be examined or to be designed.
- Course creator: Stefano Giagu