Process Management and Mining A.A. 2022-2023
This course introduces key principles and methods of Business Process Management (BPM) along the entire lifecycle of business processes: from identification to redesign, automation, monitoring, and mining. The course emphasizes the role of business process models as an instrument to understand and analyze business operations and to drive the design of Information Technology solutions that support the execution of business processes. The course combines business and IT methods and is designed both for IT and business students.
The lectures will be given:
in room A5, Dipartimento di Ingegneria Informatica, Automatica e Gestionale, Via Ariosto 25, Roma.
Lecture Dates and Times
- Tuesday 17:00-19:00
- Friday 14:00-17:00
- Process Management in Organizations
- Process Identification
- Design of Business Processes
- Process Modeling with BPMN
- Qualitative and Quantitative Process Analysis
- Process Simulation and Redesign
- Process Automation and Execution
- Process-Aware Information Systems
- Robotic Process Automation
- Process Mining
- learn the main methods to carry out a real BPM project
- are able to model a process with the BPMN standard
- are able to implement and execute a process with an information system
- are able to execute a routine through a Robotic Process Automation software
- understand process mining algorithms and techniques
- One practical project to be held individually or in group of 2-3 students, or - in special cases - individually (more details below)
- An written exam consisting of questions and exercises related to the course topics
- To be defined
The project must cover the phases of process modeling/simulation/execution/mining.
Projects consist of concretely using the tools investigated during the course through one or more realistic examples/case studies.
A presentation of the project (possibly performed with slides) is required. The presentation should also include a working demo of the developed project.