The course intends:
- to analyze the more relevant molecular pathways controlling proliferation, surviving and cell death and how they are altered in cancer
- to analyze how the interactions between cancer and microenvironment are subverted along cancer progression and metastasis.
- to analyze cancer-host relationships focussing in particular on cancer metabolism and on the mechanisms leading to the escape from the immune system surveillance
- to analyze the new therapeutic strategies to fight cancer and the rise up of personalized medicine.
Researchers directly involved in the oncological research will help to deepen some aspects of this topic
Self-learning: discussion of selected topics by the students
- Teacher: Francesco Spallotta